|BigIP F5 LTM - How to Create a Sorry Page with Image|
|Load Balancers - Big-IP F5 LTM|
|Wednesday, 21 December 2011 18:00|
Within this article we will show you the necessary steps required to create a sorry page (containing an image) that will be published when there are no available pool memebers for the spefic VIP (Virtual Server).
Note : This example is based upon serving a png image.
First of the image that will used within the sorry page needs to be base64 encoded.
The following command will base encode the image into the file /var/class/image.class.
Note : The following command should be copied to the F5 shell as a single line.
echo \"sorryimage\" \:\= \"`base64 /var/tmp/holding_page.png | xargs echo | sed 's/ //g'`\"\, > /var/class/image.class
This should result in a file being created that has the following layout,
[root@f5-ltm:Active] config # head /var/class/image.class
Create Data Group
Next we need to create a Data Group referencing this encoded image. This is done by using the following command,
cat >> bigip.conf
Create the iRule
We next add the iRule and then load the new configuration.
cat >> bigip.conf
Finally we assign the iRule named 'IRULE-SORRYPAGE' to the required Virtual Server.
- Incapsula (Review) - How to Protect and Secure your website in 10 minutes
- Window wont show when using Cisco VPN Client 5.x / Windows 7
- How to Fix Unreadable Directory Listings within the Shell
- Python - List Comprehensions
- Python - What does 'if __name__ == "__main__"' mean ?
- Python - Decorators
- BIGIP F5 LTM - Action on Service Down
- Brocade ADX - How do I bind multiple ports to a single healthcheck ?
- MySQL - How to reset a forgotten Root password
- Django - How can I pass a string from a URL to a view ?
- Vyatta - Unable to log into GUI : "Username or password is incorrect"
- Cisco ASA - How do VPN Filters work ?
- How do I use AJAX along side Django ?
- Outlook 2010 - The 'Delete Conversation' Shortcut
- How do I import a python module from another folder ?
- How do I configure Django to serve my Robots.txt file ?
- Brocade ADX - The Dynamic Weighted Predictor
- How to serve multiple domains from within a single Django project
- Vyatta - How do I secure management access ?
- Vyatta - How to configure an IPSEC site to site VPN
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- Check Point Commands
- IPSO - Commands
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- ESX Convertor - The session is not authenticated