|F5 LTM - ICMP packet loss when using packet filters|
|Load Balancers - Big-IP F5 LTM|
|Wednesday, 01 August 2012 00:00|
You may observe that ICMP response (return) traffic is randomly dropped by the F5. This behaviour occurs when using tagged VLANs and packet-filters on the F5.
[root@f5-ltm:Active] ~ # ping 192.168.1.100
However within the packet capture we can see that seq=186 is seen by the F5 but incorrectly processed as VLAN 0 and in turn dropped.
[root@f5-ltm:Active] ~ # tcpdump -s 0 -ni TRUNK-SEGMENT-VLAN100:nnn host 192.168.1.100 and icmp
This can cause a number of issues such as ICMP Node monitor failure and/or packet-loss to transit traffic.
Note : This issue only affects ICMP traffic.
This issue was originally tracked (via CR120747) and resolved (via a hotfix) in version 10.1. However at present there is no documented hotfix for this bug within 10.2.
As it stands there are 2 work-arounds
- Incapsula (Review) - How to Protect and Secure your website in 10 minutes
- Window wont show when using Cisco VPN Client 5.x / Windows 7
- How to Fix Unreadable Directory Listings within the Shell
- Python - List Comprehensions
- Python - What does 'if __name__ == "__main__"' mean ?
- Python - Decorators
- BIGIP F5 LTM - Action on Service Down
- Brocade ADX - How do I bind multiple ports to a single healthcheck ?
- MySQL - How to reset a forgotten Root password
- Django - How can I pass a string from a URL to a view ?
- Vyatta - Unable to log into GUI : "Username or password is incorrect"
- Cisco ASA - How do VPN Filters work ?
- How do I use AJAX along side Django ?
- Outlook 2010 - The 'Delete Conversation' Shortcut
- How do I import a python module from another folder ?
- How do I configure Django to serve my Robots.txt file ?
- Brocade ADX - The Dynamic Weighted Predictor
- How to serve multiple domains from within a single Django project
- Vyatta - How do I secure management access ?
- Vyatta - How to configure an IPSEC site to site VPN
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- Check Point Commands
- IPSO - Commands
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- ESX Convertor - The session is not authenticated