|PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator|
|Firewalls - Cisco - PIX|
|Tuesday, 15 July 2008 11:49|
This is a guide on how to install a Free pix emulator / simulator onto a linux platform. You can also obtain the windows version, which you can find (along with other tutorials and forum) at www.7200emu.hacki.at
This software was written by mmm123, and is called PEMU, which is based on the QEMU emulator.
What do I need ?
You will need to the following in order to install PEMU,
Please bear in mind you will need to unzip the PEMU software, in order to obtain your pemu_2008-03-03_bin.tar.bz2 which you can then use when going through the install guide above. You will also find in here a README file which also has some good information to help with the install.
What do I need to do ?
The best option with this version of PEMU is to use pcap, this means that you do not have to configure the ifup.ini file and the traffic should run much quicker then if just using tap.
You then configure your host (linux) interfaces to 0.0.0.0 with a subnet of the same (or set them to promisc mode). And then run the PEMU command with the relevant switches (please see below).
Below is the command with the require switches. This presumes you are in the pemu directory,
./pemu -net nic,vlan=1,macaddr=00:aa:00:00:02:01 -net pcap,vlan=1,ifname=eth0 -net nic,vlan=2,macaddr=00:aa:00:00:02:02 -net pcap,vlan=2,ifname=eth1 -serial stdio -m 128 FLASH
With all the information and tutorials above you should be able to configure this software without to many problems. If you do encounter any issues, visit the forum at www.7200emu.hacki.at and they should be able to help.
Finally a big thanks goes out to mmm123.
- Incapsula (Review) - How to Protect and Secure your website in 10 minutes
- Window wont show when using Cisco VPN Client 5.x / Windows 7
- How to Fix Unreadable Directory Listings within the Shell
- Python - List Comprehensions
- Python - What does 'if __name__ == "__main__"' mean ?
- Python - Decorators
- BIGIP F5 LTM - Action on Service Down
- Brocade ADX - How do I bind multiple ports to a single healthcheck ?
- MySQL - How to reset a forgotten Root password
- Django - How can I pass a string from a URL to a view ?
- Vyatta - Unable to log into GUI : "Username or password is incorrect"
- Cisco ASA - How do VPN Filters work ?
- How do I use AJAX along side Django ?
- Outlook 2010 - The 'Delete Conversation' Shortcut
- How do I import a python module from another folder ?
- How do I configure Django to serve my Robots.txt file ?
- Brocade ADX - The Dynamic Weighted Predictor
- How to serve multiple domains from within a single Django project
- Vyatta - How do I secure management access ?
- Vyatta - How to configure an IPSEC site to site VPN
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- Check Point Commands
- IPSO - Commands
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- ESX Convertor - The session is not authenticated