|Router - Cisco Router|
|Thursday, 24 March 2011 00:51|
DMVPN (Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network) is a feature within the Cisco IOS based router family which provides the ability to dynamically build IPSEC tunneling between peers based on an evolved iteration of hub and spoke tunneling. DMVPN uses a combination of the following technologies :
DMVPN alleviates the need for multiple IPSEC configurations. This:
In the following example we will configure DMVPN between the Hub router and each of its spokes (router 2, 3 and 4). The steps will be broken broken down into the following sections:
Below shows the physical topology along with the configuration for each of the routers.
Once we have physical connectivity we can add the DMVPN configuration. The diagram below shows you the logical topology of our DMVPN network.
Next we will need to add IPSEC, this will ensure that traffic is not sent in clear text. This configuration should be added to each router apart from router 1.
crypto isakmp policy 10
To enable dynamic routing using EIGRP add the following configuration onto each of your routers excluding router 1.
TESTING / DIAGNOSTICS
To test for dynamic tunnels between spokes run the following command:
HUB#sh ip route
- Incapsula (Review) - How to Protect and Secure your website in 10 minutes
- Window wont show when using Cisco VPN Client 5.x / Windows 7
- How to Fix Unreadable Directory Listings within the Shell
- Python - List Comprehensions
- Python - What does 'if __name__ == "__main__"' mean ?
- Python - Decorators
- BIGIP F5 LTM - Action on Service Down
- Brocade ADX - How do I bind multiple ports to a single healthcheck ?
- MySQL - How to reset a forgotten Root password
- Django - How can I pass a string from a URL to a view ?
- Vyatta - Unable to log into GUI : "Username or password is incorrect"
- Cisco ASA - How do VPN Filters work ?
- How do I use AJAX along side Django ?
- Outlook 2010 - The 'Delete Conversation' Shortcut
- How do I import a python module from another folder ?
- How do I configure Django to serve my Robots.txt file ?
- Brocade ADX - The Dynamic Weighted Predictor
- How to serve multiple domains from within a single Django project
- Vyatta - How do I secure management access ?
- Vyatta - How to configure an IPSEC site to site VPN
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- Check Point Commands
- IPSO - Commands
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- ESX Convertor - The session is not authenticated