|Netscreen - Additional Site 2 Site VPN Options|
|Firewalls - Netscreen|
|Tuesday, 25 August 2009 19:28|
This allows you to ping an IP address through the tunnel. In the event of the tunnel going down a SNMP trap will be generated. The settings can be found under "VPNs > AutoKey IKE > Edit > Advanced > VPN Monitor".
The "rekey" option will cause the Netscreen to continuously try and send ICMP down the tunnel regardless of whether there are any valid SA`s.
When VPN Monitoring is used with Route based VPN`s, the associated tunnel routes will be disabled in the event of the tunnel being classed as down. This allows for the re-routing of traffic in the event of particular tunnel failures.
ns5gt-> get sa
This allows you to add a number of VPN gateways to a VPN group. In the event of failure the traffic flow is sent through another gateway within the group.
Using IKE heart beats and recovery attempts with TCP-SYN flag checking the gateway can failover to another gateway without any disruption to the traffic flow.To ensure that the other gateways can establish new tunnels in the event of failover without the need of the endpoints having to reconnect (i.e an initial SYN not being required) you will need to set the following setting : `unset flow tcp-syn-check-in-tunnel`
VPN Groups can be configured within "VPN`s | AutoKey Advanced | VPN Groups"
Note : VPN Groups only support Policy based VPN`s.
- Incapsula (Review) - How to Protect and Secure your website in 10 minutes
- Window wont show when using Cisco VPN Client 5.x / Windows 7
- How to Fix Unreadable Directory Listings within the Shell
- Python - List Comprehensions
- Python - What does 'if __name__ == "__main__"' mean ?
- Python - Decorators
- BIGIP F5 LTM - Action on Service Down
- Brocade ADX - How do I bind multiple ports to a single healthcheck ?
- MySQL - How to reset a forgotten Root password
- Django - How can I pass a string from a URL to a view ?
- Vyatta - Unable to log into GUI : "Username or password is incorrect"
- Cisco ASA - How do VPN Filters work ?
- How do I use AJAX along side Django ?
- Outlook 2010 - The 'Delete Conversation' Shortcut
- How do I import a python module from another folder ?
- How do I configure Django to serve my Robots.txt file ?
- Brocade ADX - The Dynamic Weighted Predictor
- How to serve multiple domains from within a single Django project
- Vyatta - How do I secure management access ?
- Vyatta - How to configure an IPSEC site to site VPN
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- Check Point Commands
- IPSO - Commands
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- ESX Convertor - The session is not authenticated