|How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?|
|Platform||Windows XP, 7|
|Microsoft - XP|
|Wednesday, 19 May 2010 21:49|
In this article we will show you the steps involved in configuring you Windows XP device with IPv6. All commands should be run via the command prompt.
If you are not using Stateful or Stateless IPv6 address Autoconfiguration you can manually configure your settings using the following commands :
You can use the following commands to show all IPv6 routes and the Neighbor Discovery table. The Neighbor Discovery table is the equivialnt to the arp cache but with IPv6 addresses instead of IPv4. It is also worth noting that Neighbor Discovery is part of ICMP6.
Instead of using A records for DNS like IPv4, IPv6 uses AAAA records for domain to IP name resolution. Below shows a brief example,
You can use the standard ping command to ping a IPv6 IP. But you will need to use the "-6" ping switch to ping a IPv6 name.
- Where are Certifcates located within BigIP F5 v11.x ?
- Python 2.7.5 - ImportError: No module named _sqlite3
- BigIP F5 LTM - Application Visibility and Reporting (aka Analytics)
- TCL - What is the difference between the eq and == operators ?
- Cisco ASA - How to Permit/Deny Traffic based on Domain Name (FQDN)
- How do I install g++ via Yum ?
- How do I install node.js in Centos ?
- Brocade ADX - The CSW Pseudo Stack
- Vyatta - How to Configure a Remote Access VPN
- Brocade ADX - How do I show the CPU usage for the MP (Management Processor) ?
- Vyatta - How do I configure NAT ?
- HTTP - What does 'Transfer-Encoding : Chunked' mean?
- Cisco ASA - SCP causes orphaned ssh_init processes
- F5 LTM (Deep Dive) - Using 'persist uie add' with the 'node' command in an iRule causes the F5 to send a RST
- VMware - vCetntre/vSphere shows virtual machine as 'Unknown VM' and inaccessible
- Brocade ADX - How to tune/configure the TCP stack
- Configuring a Hairpin VPN with Double NAT on a Cisco ASA running 8.0
- UNIX - What is a sticky bit ?
- Cisco ASA - Slow Memory Leak (CSCuh48577)
- F5 LTM - What is Auto Last Hop
- Check Point Commands
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- IPSO - Commands
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- Cisco ASA 8.3 - No NAT / NAT Exemption
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide