Cannot Play YouTube Videos on VodaFone iPhone - Cannot Play Back Not Supported
You may find that if you have a iPhone with Vodaphone that when you try and play a video from within YouTube you receive the error :
"Cannot Play Back Not Supported"
You may also encounter issues with other apps such as the inbuilt weather app.
Please Note : You may also find that you can access YouTube videos through you iPhone when connected to WiFi.
Cause / Solution
This is down to Vodafone enforcing something called a "content bar". This restriction prevents the playback of YouTube videos on your iPhone via 3G. In order to remove this you will need to :
- Contact Vodafone and request they turn off "content bar" on your account.
- They will then send you a message to say that this has been removed.
- Once you have the message reboot you phone by holding down the top button and sliding the bar on your screen to power off the phone.
- Hold down the top button to then power the phone back on.
- You should now be able to view YouTube videos.