F5 LTM - Network Address Translation (NAT)
Big IP`s F5 LTM offers 2 types of NAT. These are SNAT and NAT.
SNAT (Secure Network Address Translation) provides source NAT. The SNAT option 'Automap' enables source NAT`ing (SNAT) based on the IP address of the egress interface.
NAT (Network Address Translation) - NAT provides a static one to one NAT translation.
Based on the following steps all traffic passing through the specified Virtual Server IP will be translated to a source address of the egress interface.
- Within the Navigation pane go to Local Traffic > Virtual Servers.
- Select your Virtual Server.
- Within General Properties select Advanced.
- Within the SNAT Pool drop down select Automap.
- Click Update.
- Within the Navigation pane go to Local Traffic.
- Go to SNATs > NAT List. Then select create.
- Add the required details.
- Click finished.
SNAT Configuration Options
Below explains the various NAT options that are available via 'Web UI / Local Traffic / SNAT'.
SNAT List - Within the SNAT List you can apply SNAT to a range of IP addresses.
SNAT Pool List - A SNAT Pool List allows you to define a pool of addresses. This pool can then be referenced within either a virtual server or a SNAT List.
SNAT Translation List - Within the SNAT Translation List the SNAT translation properties for an individual IP can be customized.
NAT List - The NAT List provides the necessary configuration parameters for creating a static one to one NAT.
Tags: BIG-IP F5