How do i reset SIC ?
- Go into the CLI of the Firewall and type cpconfig then choose Secure Internal Communication. You will then be prompted to enter a passcode. Enter anything it doesnt matter. Then exit cpconfig using option 10.
This program will let you re-configure
your Check Point products configuration.
(1) Licenses and contracts
(2) SNMP Extension
(3) Group Permissions
(4) PKCS#11 Token
(5) Random Pool
(6) Secure Internal Communication
(7) Disable cluster membership for this gateway
(8) Disable Check Point SecureXL
(9) Automatic start of Check Point Products
Enter your choice (1-10) : 6
- Go into the Smart Dashboard and go into the Check Point Object > General Properties > Communication.
- Select “reset“
- Enter the passcode you previously entered within cpconfig.
- Select “Initalize”
- The Trust State should now say “Trust established“.
- Re-push the policy.
- After you have entered a new passcode into cpconfig and exited, the gateway will perform a cprestart.
- After the cprestart it will install the Inital Policy onto the gateway. The Inital Policy is set to deny all traffic.
- Beware of this as this can cause you issues if you go through your firewalls to get to you manager, as this will block your access to your manager, and in turn prevent you from being able to push a new policy.
- In this case you will need to have console access to your gatewayand action a fw unloadlocal
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an IT Security expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Complete Cyber Security Course – Hackers Exposed
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Certification Complete course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial