HFA stands for Hot fix accumulator. Which is a bit like a Windows Service Pack but for your Check Point Firewall.
The documentation from the Check Point site on how to install these, is very good, and also contains the IPSO installation instructions.
Below are the basic instructions on how to install the latest HFA 30 on a SPLAT platform,
- Move the HFA into the tmp directory
- Decompress the package using gzip -d or gunzip -vt
- ‘cd / ; mkdir hfa ; cd hfa’
- ‘tar -xf <package name>’
- Once complete, reboot system
- ‘fw ver -k’
- Update the SmartCenter’s inventory of product versions by using the “Products | Get Data From All”
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an IT Security expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Complete Cyber Security Course – Hackers Exposed
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Certification Complete course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial