When upgrading or installing Check Point on a Solaris platform rather then having to use the physical Check Point software CD, the following method allows you install/upgrade your Check Point software directly from the *.iso.
1. Copy the iso file to your firewall / manager
2. Run the following commands
lofiadm -a <path>/<filename>.iso /dev/lofi/1
ount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /mnt
3. You can now run the Check Point install file
Note : If you want to only install a Smart Center Manager, when you have a firewall installed and using pgkrm CheckPoint* doesn’t work. Run rm –r /opt/CP* and then run the UnixInstall script again. This should then give you the fresh build options needed.
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an IT Security expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Complete Cyber Security Course – Hackers Exposed
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Certification Complete course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial