How to enable Indexing within Windows 2008
The Windows 2008 Indexing Options can be located from with the Control Panel. In a number of instances you may find that this is not available or not installed. To install the Windows 2008 Indexing Service follow these steps:
- Start Server Manager via the Start Menu | Administrative Tools.
- Click on Roles (left navigation pane).
- Select Add Role in the Roles Summary pane to the right.
- Select the File Services role. Click Next.
- Select the Windows Search role service.