SDM (Security Device Manager) allows you to configure and manage your router via the use of a GUI. Please find the steps below :
- Download the SDM-Vxx.zip file from Cisco’s website.
- Ensure that you have the sdmconfig*.cfg file within your routers flash for your version of router. You can confirm this by using the command `show flash`.
- If it is not then copy it from the SDM zip file previously mentioned.
- Run the setup.exe from the zip. You can either install the SDM software on the router, local machine or both. It is advised to install this locally for performance reasons.
- Now run the following commands on your router.
router(config)# username [password] secret [password] privilege 15 router(config)# ip http server router(config)# ip http secure-server router(config)# no ip http server router(config)# ip http authentication local
Tip : Be sure to turn of your popup blocker within your Browser.
Tip : Ensure that IE is configured as your default browser.
Tip : When you are in the SDM GUI go to “Edit Preference’s | Preview Commands before delivering router”. Check this tick box to allow you to see commands before sending them to the router.
If you face issues with the SDM connection box not opening your webbrowser and appearing to not do anything it will most likely be down to your version of Java. You will need to ensure that you are running the Java version j2re-1.4.2_05.
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a networking expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Certification Gold Bootcamp
Complete Cyber Security Course – Network Security
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Python Pro Bootcamp
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial