Within this article we will looking at the steps required to tab multiple lines within VI.
This feature is great for ensuring readability, when editing indent based languages such as Python or just programming in general.
- Press “<SHIFT> + v” to enter VISUAL LINE mode.
- Select the text you wish to indent but using either the cursor keys or the “j” and “k” keys.
- To indent press “<SHIFT> + dot” (> character).
You can then repeat the indentation by using the “.” key.
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a UNIX expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
UNIX Administration Fundamentals
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial