To install mplayer onto your Centos / RHEL distro you will need to :
1. Download and install the rpmforge repository.
2. Add the following text to a new file : /etc/yum.repos.d/fc6.repo.
cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/fc6.repo
[PASTE THE FOLLOWING]
name=Fedora Core 6
3. Install mplayer using yum.
yum install mplayer
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a Linux expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Linux Mastery course
Linux Administration Bootcamp
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial