Below is a small method for running Java daemons within Linux. The syntax is as follows:
- nohup is used so that it doesn’t get killed when user logs off
- </dev/null is used so that it doesn’t require a command-promt of it’s own
- & is used so that the Java daemon runs as a background process.
[java binary] \
[java file] \
< /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null&
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a Linux expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Linux Mastery course
Linux Administration Bootcamp
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial