To enable the DNS resolver client on Solaris, follow these steps,
- Change the line in the file /etc/nsswitch.conf that reads “hosts: files” to
hosts: dns files
- Add the following line to the file /etc/resolv.conf. If the file doesnt exsist, create one.
nameserver [DNS IP]
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a UNIX expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
UNIX Administration Fundamentals
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial