To enable SSH you will need to do the following,
- In the ESXi console press ALT+F1
- Type unsupported(as you type you will not see anything on the screen)
- Enter the root password
- Edit the file /etc/inetd.conf and find the line which has #ssh and remove the #.
- Then Type /sbin/services.sh restart
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a VMware expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Complete VMware Administration course
VMware vSphere 7 – Install, Configure, Manage
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial