By default Internet Explorer is configured to run in passive mode ftp when using it as an ftp client (over http).
To change the Internet Explorer FTP client mode to Active, do the following,
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the box “Enable Folder View for FTP sites”
- Uncheck the box “Use Passive FTP”
- Click ok
- No reboot is required.
Then test by entering your details, ftp://[username]:[password]@[ftp.server.com]
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a Windows expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Windows Server 2019 Administration course
Windows 10 Troubleshooting course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial