The Brocade ADX offers 3 main types of layer 7 healthchecks. These are,
- Server Healthcheck – Server healthchecks are configured on the real server itself. Once configured it issues a healtcheck to the real server based on the port/protocol configured.
- Port-Policy – A port-policy is a policy that contains all of your parameters for your healtcheck. Your port-policy can then be assigned to a single or multiple real/virtual server(s).
- Healthcheck Elements – A healthcheck element is a policy that contains all of your parameters for your healthcheck. This is then assigned to a single or multiple real server(s). Healtcheck elements can also use boolean based expressions (i.e AND, OR etc) againest multiple healthcheck elements.
Based on the above, there are instances were you may have multiple healthchecks types configured across your real and virtual servers.
Below shows which healthcheck will be used across the different healthcheck configuration scenario’s.
|HEALTHCHECK USED||HEALTHCHECK RS||PORT POLICY VS||PORT POLICY RS||ELEMENT HEALTHCHECK RS|
|Healthcheck Real Server||x|
|Port Policy Virtual Server||x||x|
|Port Policy Real Server||x||x||x|
|Port Policy Real Server||x||x|
|Element Healthcheck Real Server||x||x||x|
|Element Healthcheck Real Server||x||x|
*RS = RealServer / VS = Virtual Server
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a networking expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Certification Gold Bootcamp
Complete Cyber Security Course – Network Security
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Python Pro Bootcamp
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial