Below provides the nessecary steps required to create an a packet capture on an ASA/PIX, and the relevant download method.
- You will requre pscp (putty pscp) installed onto your PC. Download pscp here.
- This is only available in the later versions of PIX & ASA.
First of all start the capture.
capture capturefile type raw-data interface [interface name]
Next enable scp and copy the capture into Flash.
ssh scopy enable copy /pcap capture:capturefile flash:capturefile.cap
On your PC run the following syntax via ‘Start | Run | CMD’ to download the capture to your PC.
pscp -scp [user]@][PIX IP]:capturefile.cap capturefile.cap
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an IT Security expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Complete Cyber Security Course – Hackers Exposed
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Certification Complete course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial