Below shows you how to upgrade your ASA to verson 8.04.
1. Enable scopy on your ASA
firewall(config)#ssh scopy enable
2. Copy the image from your PC to the ASA, the command below is done on your PC via “Start / Run / CMD”. Download pscp here.
pscp [image].bin [user]@[asa_ip]:[image].bin
3 .Change the boot order, so if the new image doesnt load, it will fail back and load the old image.
firewall(config)# boot system disk0:[new_image].bin
firewall(config)# boot system disk0:[old_image].bin
firewall#sh run boot
4. Reload the ASA, once rebooted check the version.
Latest posts by Rick Donato (see all)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an IT Security expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Complete Cyber Security Course – Hackers Exposed
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Certification Complete course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial