There may be a time where you install the wrong policy onto a Check Point Firewall. This can block your connections, and screw which traffic is allowed through the firewall.
These steps will show you how to remove and reinstall the correct policy via the CLI on the manager (SCS),
1. First of all we look at the policy history, so we can find out the name of the policy we need to reinstall.
fw stat -l [firewall ip]
2. Next we remove the security policy from the firewall.
fwm unload [fwname]
3. Finally we install the correct policy back onto the Firewall. Note : Note how we add the .W to the policy name as it has yet to be be compiled into a .cf file (which is what is installed onto the Firewall/Gateway)
fwm load [PolicyName].W [fwname]
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an IT Security expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Complete Cyber Security Course – Hackers Exposed
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Certification Complete course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial