Check Point - Migrate a Provider-1 R55 CMA to a R65 Smart Centre Server
2. Import the CMA into Smart Centre
3. Export and detach license
4. Update the Smart Centre Object (IP, Name, and Topology)
5. Via the CLI reinitialise the Certificate Authority
6. Import and attach License
7. Update Package details
#mcd bin (note the path)
#ln -s /opt/CPmds-R55/conf/mdsdb/cp-admins.C cp-admins
#ln -s /opt/CPmds-R55/conf/mdsdb/cp-gui-clients.C cp-gui-clients
#ln -s /opt/CPmds-R55/conf/mdsdb/packages.c packages.c
2. Import the config by using $FWDIR/bin/upgrade_tools/upgrade_import [exported_cma].tgz
3. When asked about the licensing select “No”.
4. Once the import is complete you will find that you receive an error when trying to run cpconfig.
5. Run the command cd $CPDIR/conf ; mv inst.conf inst.conf.bak
6. Run cpstart
2. Export the license as a file and detach from the Smart Centre Server Object.
1. Using cpconfig select the “Certificate Authority” option.
2. Select “Yes” to Reinitialise the CA and use the Smart Centre Object name as the internal CA name.
1. Re-import the license into the repository and reattach to the Smart centre server.
2. If this option is greyed out, a missing symlink could be missing.
Troubleshooting steps can be found at : http://www.cpug.org/forums/smartupdate/8162-error-when-getting-gateway-data-smartupdate.html or select (from toolbar) Packages > Get Data From All.
2. Then re-push the policy from your new manager to your firewalls.