Netscreen - Snoop
A great debugging tool feature on the Juniper Netscreens is snoop. Snoop is packet capturing tool which allows you to analysis your traffic on a per packet level.
Below shows you a example of enabling snoop and viewing its output,
5gt->snoop filter ip 10.1.1.100
5gt->get db str
Ok, so what do these commands actually do ?
- undebug all = clears all previous debug settings
- snoop = enables snoop
- snoop filter ip 10.1.1.100 = creates a snoop filter for ip 10.1.1.100
- snoop info = shows snoop info, such as wether snoop is enabled and if the filter is turned on.
- clear db = clears the debug buffer
- get db str = shows the debug buffer stream
Further information can be found at these links,
- How do you use Snoop for troubleshooting?
- What options are available when configuring snoop?
- Following a packet using Snoop
- Understanding how to apply logical AND or OR snoop filters ?