NSM - I`ve Forgotten / Lost my NSM Password
Have you lost, forgotten, misplaced the NSM password ?
Below are the steps to reset your "super" account password,
NSM 2006.x and below
- Log into the NSM via SSH as root
- Stop the NSM Server (you should be able to find the init scripts in /etc/init.d)
- Run the following command /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/utils/.hashPasswd <new password>, you will receive a hash
- Confirm the current hash by using cat /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/global/admin_table.nml | grep :password
- Run the following command sed -i s/oldhash/newhash/g /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/global/admin_table.nml (you will need to enter your oldhash and new hash details)
- Confirm the new hash is being used using cat /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/global/admin_table.nml | grep :password
NSM 2007.x and above
- Log into the NSM via SSH as root (if you running NSMXpress use #su nsm)
- Run the command /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/utils/.xdbUpdate.sh /usr/netscreen/GuiSvr/var/xdb admin 1 0 /__/password "glee/aW9bOYEewkD/6Ri8sHh2mU="
- This will stop the NSM GUI services and reset the NSM server password to netscreen. Then it will start the NSM server services again.
- The account to log into the NSM will now be super/netscreen.