Installation and upgrade of software on the F5 LTM is extremely straight forward. Each image is installed onto a slot, the slot can then be upgraded or re-imaged.
1. Transfer Image
- Create a directory ‘[[email protected]:Active] config # mkdir /shared/images/legacy’
- Copy the iso image to the directory ‘/shared/images/legacy’ using scp.
- Move to the directory ‘[[email protected]:Active] config # cd /shared/images/legacy’
2. Version Upgrade
Below shows you the commands required for a version 10 installation. Within this example the image will be installed onto slot HD1.2 (and made the default boot image) with a default config.
image2disk –instslot=HD1.2 –nosaveconfig –setdefault [software image].iso
3. Hotfix Installation
Below shows you the commands required to install a hotfix. Within this example the hotfix will be installed on the image in HD1.2.
image2disk –instslot=HD1.2 –hotfix [hotfix image].iso
Installation via GUI
To install or upgrade the software version via the web interface goto ‘System / Software Management’. This will also give you the option to import the software package rather then having to scp it across as described in the previous steps.
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become an F5 Loadbalancers expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
F5 BIG-IP 101 Certification Exam – Complete Course
F5 BIG-IP 201 Certification Exam – Complete Course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial