When trying to map a drive to a remote machine you receive,
Also when you try access the share resource via run it only allows you to log in as guest.
All passwords used (which are known to be correct) do not work.
- Goto Run and type ‘secpol.msc’
- Then navigate to ‘Local Policies > Security Settings > Network Access : Sharing and security model for local accounts’
- Set this to ‘Classic – Local users authenticate as themselves’
- You should now be able to map and access the required share.
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a Windows expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Windows Server 2019 Administration course
Windows 10 Troubleshooting course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial