- When I try and click test under Dynamips I get test failed to start dynamips
- When I try and drag a router over to the main screen I get Cant start Dynaips on port 7200
This is normally down to the paths in “Perferences > Dynamips” not being correct, check that both both exsist and they have the relevant permissions.
I found in my case I just removed the second path from “Perferences > Dynamips > Working directory” and it started working.
You may also find that there is 2 instances of GNS3 running, so just close both in task manager and restart GNS3. You can also try and remove and lock files in the dynamips folder (i.e c7200_i0_lock)
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a networking expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Certification Gold Bootcamp
Complete Cyber Security Course – Network Security
Internet Security Deep Dive course
Python Pro Bootcamp
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial