|Creating a basic Route Based VPN between 2 Check Point Firewalls|
|Firewalls - Checkpoint|
|Thursday, 08 April 2010 13:09|
Within this example we will build a Route Based VPN between 2 SPLAT R65 NGX Check Point Firewalls. Static Routes will used to direct the traffic via the VPN Tunnel Interfaces.
In order to build a route based vpn we need to create VPN Tunnel Interfaces. A VPN Tunnel Interface is a virtual interface on a VPN-1 module, which is associated with an existing VPN tunnel, and is used by IP routing as a point to point interface directly connected to a VPN peer gateway.
Virtual Tunnel Interfaces (VTI's)
VTIs can be created only on SPLAT and IPSO (3.9 or above). Though you can only create numbered VTIs within SPLAT. A numbered tunnel interface has a unique IP address assigned to it, while an unnumbered tunnel interface does not.
Add Static Routes
Additional Notes :
Below shows you the syntax used to create the VTIs :
Additional Resources :
For further information on Route Based Check Point VPNs along with how to create a Route Based VPN between a Cisco device and Check Point device please see here
- How to configure a Cisco ASA Site to Site VPN between Static and Dynamic IP based Peers ?
- Django - How do I create a custom login page ?
- How do I connect to a serial device using a USB-to-Serial Convertor in Linux ?
- Incapsula (Review) - How to Protect and Secure your website in 10 minutes
- Window doesn't show when using Cisco VPN Client 5.x / Windows 7
- How to Fix Unreadable Directory Listings within Shell
- Python - List Comprehensions
- Python - What does 'if __name__ == "__main__"' mean ?
- Python - Decorators
- BIGIP F5 LTM - Action on Service Down
- Brocade ADX - How do I bind multiple ports to a single healthcheck ?
- MySQL - How to reset a forgotten Root password
- Django - How can I pass a string from a URL to a view ?
- Vyatta - Unable to log into GUI : "Username or password is incorrect"
- Cisco ASA - How do VPN Filters work ?
- How do I use AJAX along side Django ?
- Outlook 2010 - The 'Delete Conversation' Shortcut
- How do I import a python module from another folder ?
- How do I configure Django to serve my Robots.txt file ?
- Brocade ADX - The Dynamic Weighted Predictor
- Proxy ARP – SPLAT
- Check Point Commands
- IPSO - Commands
- ASA 8.3 - Auto NAT Examples
- vSphere - Creating User and Group Permissions
- Configuring Windows 2008 R2 as an NTP Server
- How to set the Time / Date and Timezone in CentOS
- Juniper Netscreen Commands
- Configuring Wireless Connectivity within Backtrack 4 r2
- PEMU - Free Cisco PIX Firewall Emulator / Simulator
- Juniper Netscreen - NAT Explained
- How do I install snmpwalk / snmpget using Yum ?
- Troubleshooting a Netscreen Site 2 Site VPN
- Netscreen - NSRP
- Check Point Logging Troubleshooting Guide
- How do I configure IPv6 in Windows XP ?
- Check Point - How to Reset SIC
- VI shows the error Terminal too wide within Solaris
- Endpoint Connect Installation / Troubleshooting Guide
- ESX Convertor - The session is not authenticated