When trying to install an .exe which contained an msi, you are just prompted with the MSI help dialog box.
- Goto ‘Start / Run‘ and type CMD
- Once in the CLI type ‘echo %temp%‘ to find your default temp folders.
- Remove as much as you can from your temp folder.
- Try to run the .exe again
- Check in the temp folder for the extracted MSI from the .exe you just run, and then run this MSI.
This should now install correctly.
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a Windows expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Windows Server 2019 Administration course
Windows 10 Troubleshooting course
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial