Installing Cisco MARS 6.0.7 onto VMware
Below shows you the steps required in install Cisco MARS 6.0.7 onto VMware.
!! This is purley a proof of concept and we do not endorse the use of the steps below in any environment (or situation) !!
- First of all download the recovery ISO from Cisco for CS MARS 6.0.7.
- Download the Ubuntu ISO. You can find it here.
- Create a VM with 512MB Ram, 2 x 120Gb IDE Drives and 2 x E1000 NICs.
- Mount the recovery ISO to the VM and power on.
- Run through the installation, choosing "local controller".
- Once install login using "pnadmin/pnadmin"
- Detach the recovery ISO and attach the Ubuntu CD.
- Assign an IP address using the command "ifconfig [interface] [ip add] [netmask]" and then allow it to reboot.
- On reboot your machine should boot into the Ubuntu CD. Select the first option (This is the Live CD option)
- Once you are in Ubuntu open up a terminal.
- Assign your interface an IP address and default gateway.
- Run the following commands. Click here to view.
- Detach the Ubuntu CD so you boot straight into MARS.
- Once loaded goto the web interface via https://[ip address]
- For the serial number enter all 0`s.
When creating a VM within ESX (vSphere or vCentre) you will need to ensure you use a Bus Logic Controller and select the disks to be IDE. One disk should sit on IDE0:0 and the other on IDE1:0.