The other day I asked myself, What is the difference between apt-get update and apt-get upgrade?
As I’m sure many other people, at some point may ask the same, I thought I would share the answer. Quite simply,
- apt-get update – updates the list of available packages, and their versions. However it does NOT upgrade or install any packages.
- apt-get upgrade – installs a newer version of the packages that you currently have installed.
- How to Configure a BIND Server on Ubuntu - March 15, 2018
- What is a BGP Confederation? - March 6, 2018
- Cisco – What is BGP ORF (Outbound Route Filtering)? - March 5, 2018
Want to become a Linux expert?
Here is our hand-picked selection of the best courses you can find online:
Linux Mastery course
Linux Administration Bootcamp
and our recommended certification practice exams:
AlphaPrep Practice Tests - Free Trial